Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Is China taking over?

My freshman year in college someone predicted to me that he believed America's economy will crumble and it would be either China or India that would take the place of America's title as the World's 'Super Power'. I thought in my mind this guy is crazy and how does he know so much? Well it turns out this guy knew what he was talking about! I officially started college in the year 2007 and it is now 2010 and what has happened? America's economy has plummeted and China seems to be stepping in and picking up the slack!

I woke up early to my back hurting, cold temperatures and my husband sound asleep. Lately I haven't been keeping up with the news as much as I use to. Perhaps because I am sick of watching the news when much of it is fabricated, edited to please certain people, and agenda bias but I felt that I was lacking intellectual knowledge...my noggin felt slightly empty. So I popped open my laptop to the one source that seemed to be the place to go for news...The New York Times. The New York Times has posted an article on its website today titled:  Looking for Investments, China Turns to Europe, and this is not the first or the last article I am sure of that will be written about China and its packman eating ways to world domination..Or at least the articles are portraying China to be this way. I have been reading articles for the last few years on China and its refusal to back down to anyone. While this may not be good for the world or some bitter countries, I have to say that China has guts.

Yes indeed China does have some ballsy moves and this was demonstrated when China refused to do anything about the appreciation of their currency yuan, formally known as the renminbi even when pressured from other nations. China is just like any other nation who is really just looking out for its own interest, in fact, not just nations but just like any other individual. When someone is competing in a race it would be ridiculous to wait for the other competitors to catch up when the finish line was in seconds reach to winning just for moral good reasoning. No one would do that and why should China have to when they are so ahead?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/02/business/global/02euro.html?adxnnl=1&ref=world&adxnnlx=1288702840-/wX1+KdamPc2vyxhsb3sxQ

Great video shared with me from a friend that goes PERFECT with the content discussed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM



NoSeYintellectuals2010

2 comments:

  1. The competition is fierce between China and India, as China is leading the Industries right now but India is exporting technology experts to the entire world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donshady,

    I have noticed everytime I call a number on the back of something about a computer problem my phone call is directed to India or someone with an Indian accent.

    ReplyDelete